2016 Lexus GS at 44th Tokyo Motor Show
Hot Off the Press
This year - in 2015 - will mark the 44th anniversary of the highly anticipated Tokyo Motor Show, where all major vehicle manufacturers will decorate the floors with displays of their ingenuity and in one way or another, plans for the future of their vehicles. Among the 11 chosen vehicles to represent the family of Lexus Motors this year, one will find – for the first time in Japan – the new 2016 models of the Lexus GS luxury sedan and its high-performance counterpart, the GS F.
A New Luxury Sedan
The new 2016 Lexus GS is a mid-sized luxury sedan designed to strike impression into the hearts of both observers and drivers alike. It combines an aggressive and imposing design with a class-leading driving performance that is sure to get car enthusiasts buzzing before long.
Main Features of the 2016 Lexus GS
- The New GS features a low center of gravity and three-dimensional spindle grill encouraging optimal performance and handling
- Redesigned 3.5-litre V6 engine combining Atkinson-cycle engine technology with a new generation D-4S system to maximize fuel efficiency.
- LED lighting is used throughout the entire vehicle, with Adaptive High-beam system (AHS) available as an option
- A modern and luxurious interior is achieved using decorative metal finish and satin metal trim together with laser-cut wood grain ornament paneling.
- Tuned suspensions and enhanced body rigidity are combined to obtain a smooth and gentle ride, without compromise from its superior dynamic response and sporty handling.
High Performance with GS F
In addition to the new GS for 2016, Lexus has also customized an F-SPORT package for an all-new GS F, a high-performance sports sedan emphasizing sound, dynamic response and acceleration.
The GS F will come stacked with a 5.0-litre V8 engine also taking advantage of Atkinson-cycle engine technology and D-4S direct injection system to produce linear power and top shelf response characteristics of a normally aspirate engine without compromise for high power output. The engine is paired up with a specially designed 8-speed sport direct shift transmission that allows for fast and responsive acceleration. Its exterior is further sculpted to reflect its F-SPORT class, and interior focuses on functionality, adding custom seats and integral skin foam molding to the base ornamentation.