HOW TO: Use Apple Car Play with your Lexus
- Step 1: Ensure the vehicle is on.
- Step 2: Press menu - Set up – Projection Settings – Apple Car Play – turn on.
- Step 3: Hit menu.
- Step 4: Your phone MUST be connected to the charging cord; the cord must be plugged into the USB Port in the center console (for RX’s specifically).
- Step 5: Once your phone is opened and unlocked – select Allow.
- Step 6: You will now see Apple Car play on the navigation bar of the screen!
HOW TO: Pair an iPhone to your Lexus
- Step 1: Select Menu – Phone – Yes.
- Step 2: Go onto your phone – Click Settings – Bluetooth.
- Step 3: Look under Other Devices – Select Lexus RX – Click Pair – Allow.
- Step 4: To have the vehicle read incoming texts, wait for the prompt on your vehicles screen, select the ‘I’ beside Connected on your phone and turn on ‘show notifications.’
HOW TO: Set Cruise Control on your Lexus
- Step 1: Cruise control can be set and found either on a stock behind the steering wheel, or on the right-hand side of your steering wheel.
- Step 2: Push the button on the end of the stock – accelerate to the speed you would like – push the lever down. To speed up or slow down, push the lever up or down.
- Step 3: Radar Dynamic Cruise control will set the following distance from your vehicle to the vehicle ahead of you.
- Step 4: To adjust the distance between two vehicles, click the button on the right-hand side of the steering wheel that shows the front of a car. Click again to select either 1, 2 or 3 car lengths of space between you and the vehicle ahead of you.
HOW TO: Use Heated Windshield Wipers on your Lexus
- Step 1: Click Menu – Swipe to the far left for options.
- Step 2: In the first column in the bottom row, you will be able to turn them on. They will only stay on for 15 minutes. After that, you will have to turn them on again.
NOTE: In some models, this button is located to the left of the steering wheel.
HOW TO: Store a Radio Preset on your Lexus
- Step 1: Select Menu – Select Audio.
- Step 2: On the right side there will be a list where you can store up to 36 presets (AM, FM, or Satellite). Source on the left will let you switch between them.
- Step 3: Tune to the station you would like to save.
- Step 4: Move the cursor to the position you would like to store the station in.
- Step 5: Press down on the touch pad (or the touch screen if available) and hold until you hear a beep.
NOTE: Station list gives you a breakdown of all stations present in an area you are not familiar with.
HOW TO: Set Memory Seats, Steering Wheel, and Mirrors on your Lexus
- Step 1: Adjust your seat to where you would like it using the handles on the left-hand side.
- Step 2: The steering wheel is fully telescopic – there will be a lever either on the side or underneath where you can adjust the wheel and lock it in place.
- Step 3: Mirror adjustments can be found on the left-hand side on the door.
- Step 4: Once all three are set to your liking, press “SET” and then push the number you would like to save the Memory adjustments in – wait until you hear the beep.
HOW TO: Pair a Garage Door to your Lexus with HomeLink
- Step 1: Push one of the buttons on the rear-view mirror to activate.
- Step 2: Push the button on the remote you would like to use and the button on the rear-view mirror at the same time.
- Step 3: Hold both buttons for 5 full seconds until the red light turns green.
- Step 4: Once your car is parked in front of your garage, push the button on the garage door motor that says “Learn” or “Train” – From here, you will have 30 seconds to then push the button on the rear-view mirror again. They will then sync up.
- Step 5: Give it a few seconds, push the button on the rear-view mirror a couple times and they should be paired.
HOW TO: Set and Use Navigation on your Lexus
- Step 1: To enter an address, select Menu and click Destination.
- Step 2: You will have two options, you can either go through the Search tab (enter anything such as a City Name, Street, or Full Address), or you can go through Address.
- Step 3: Here, you will type the house number first (first part of the address). Then select search.
- Step 4: Now type and select the street name. Click the number right under the one you had entered.
- Step 5: You will then have the option to Go there now or Save the address for later.
HOW TO: Use the Manual Key if the Lexus Key Fob Dies
- Step 1: Push the button on the side of the Key fob and remove the key.
- Step 2: Under the driver side door handle, there will be a lock (if the vehicle is locked using this key, it must be unlocked using this key)
- Step 3: To start the vehicle, place the key fob Lexus symbol up to the Start/Stop button, put your foot on the break, and press the Start/Stop button.
HOW TO: Use Lexus Kick Sensor
- Step 1: Hold the key in your hand, walk straight up to the back of the vehicle and kick your foot forward and walk back with no stopping.
HOW TO: Use Rain Sensing Windshield Wipers
- Step 1: Adjust the wipers using the wiper stock on the right-hand side of the steering wheel.
- Step 2: Moving the wiper stock all the way up, the triangle represents the quick swipe. One notch below is the rest position, and below that is Auto. The dial in the center will adjust the sensitivity. In some models this may be a button on the side of the stock.