Self-Charging Hybrid ElectricsLive Life Unplugged
Seamlessly combining a gas engine and electric motor, Lexus Hybrid Electrics recharge as you drive - so they are always ready to go. That’s just the start of what makes them the ideal choice for electrified driving. You can also expect instantaneous acceleration, responsive power, high fuel efficiency, exceptionally low emissions when compared to a conventionally powered vehicle, and a luxuriously smooth ride - all without a need for a change in driving habits or need to plug in.
Lexus Self-Charging Hybrid Electrics
No need to plug-in. No need to change driving habits. No compromise in performance or fuel efficiency.
Lexus Self-Charging Hybrid Electrics are electrified vehicles with some potent differences over pure battery electrics. With a Lexus Hybrid Electric, you never need to plug-in, worry about where the next charging station might be, or change your driving habits in any way. Just get in and go.
World’s First. Worlds Apart.
Lexus introduced RX Hybrid Electric - the world’s first luxury self-charging hybrid electric - more than a decade ago. Since then, we’ve continued to push boundaries and pursue new innovations. Today, we offer more luxury hybrid electrics than any other manufacturer in Canada. Test drive one for yourself and find out what millions of Lexus Hybrid Electric drivers around the world have already discovered - power, exercised wisely, is a beautiful thing.
Made in Canada. Made for Canada
RX Hybrid Electric is not only the original self-charging hybrid electric luxury SUV, it is also built at our internationally renowned plant in Cambridge, Ontario. With features like AWD and heated rear seats, it’s the ideal vehicle for life in Canada - and just one of many great Lexus Hybrid Electrics to choose from.
Hybrid Electric Ownership
- Reduction of Harmful GHG Emissions – Lexus Self-Charging Hybrid Electrics are up to 70% cleaners than gas burning engines and diesels.
- Regenerative Braking: Collecting discarded energy and reusing it as driving energy.
- Electric Mode Only: Less reliance on fuel and reduction in emissions.
- Battery Recycling: Recycling of batteries, motor magnets, and rare earth metals used in our Hybrid Electric technology.
- Improved Fuel Efficiency: Depending on your driving habits, the ability for the Hybrid to operate in Electric Mode only or in combination with the gas engine will significantly increase your fuel efficiency.